Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Firefox 3, what a disappointment

While I'm a supporter for Firefox 3, it had disappointed me.

First, I've been using the Beta 5 (rev1.9) Firefox weeks before the Download Record day. I though I should be getting some cool stuff today, but nothing more than what I've weeks ago.

Second, see the screen shots below, as far as I can remember, Firefox 2 fixed the issue, but it reappears in Firefox 3 -- the famous DHTML over Flash issue.


You notice that in IE it works, as in the flash didn't block the DHTML menu, and yet Firefox one, the menu is behind the flash.

Update!

After some "investigation", my fella colleague designer Samuel had figured out that adding parameter "wmode=transparent" will do the trick.

Yeah, it works, Firefox still rocks. this is the result by amending the param attributes via DOM inspector in firefox.

Hmm... Well, I'll then replace the disappointment with another issue, the speed issue, which I figured out that certain websites loads much slower in Firefox as compare to IE.

regards,
choongseng

No comments: